This general ticketing policies (“General Ticketing Policy”) govern the purchase of purchase of the bus tickets notified by Perak Transit Berhad (“Perak Transit Berhad”, “we”, “us”, “our”) from time to time (as the case maybe) (collectively “Tickets” or, each a “Ticket”) by a passenger (“Passenger”, “you”, “your”) from a bus company as notified by us from time to time (as the case maybe) (collectively “Transportation Carriers” and each, a “Transportation Carrier”) on Terminal Meru Raya website at www.terminalmeruraya.my, our mobile application and/or such platform made available and/or notified by us from time to time (collectively “Platform”). To clarify, Terminal Meru Raya does not manage or control the Transportation Carriers.
Purchase of Tickets & Payment
- All selling of Tickets on the Platform are on “first come first serve” and on “as is” basis. We may make reasonable efforts to furnish the details of Transportation Carriers including but not limited to the type of coach provided, seating plan and/or on board facilities (“transportation details”) to you. However, we shall not be held liable and responsible should any details of the Transportation Carrier is inaccurate or not up to date as a result of change of transportation details by the Transportation Carriers.
- All prices shown at the payment info section on the Platform constitute the final purchase price of the Tickets. The breakdown of the prices includes but not limited to (i) the base fare to the destination, (ii) the terminal charges, (iii) insurance charges, (iv) applicable taxes, and/or (iv) any applicable admin fee and charges, payment gateway surcharges and/or services fee and charges.
- You must pay the full prices by using various payment methods made available by us. Such payment methods shall not limit to Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Online Banking and such other methods as notified by us from time to time.
Confirmation of Booking
- Upon successful payment has been made, an order summary (may include an e-ticket) of the Ticket purchased will be forwarded to your designated email address that you furnished with us during the booking and/or at the point of payment. It is vital and necessary that the email address is valid, accurate and in the correct and unabbreviated form.
- Unless otherwise made available by us, all order summary and/or e-ticket delivered shall ONLY in digital form. You may require to print out the order summary and redeem the same at the Transportation Carrier’s counter at the terminal and/or at such designated counter as notified by the Transportation Carrier prior to your departure.
- PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT THE PURCHASE OF TICKETS IS SUBJECT TO THE ISSUANCE OF THE TICKETS BY TRANSPORTATION CARRIER IN ACCORDANCE WITH YOUR PURCHASE. AS SUCH, YOU MAY NOT RECEIVE YOUR TICKET AND/OR BOOKING CONFIRMATION IMMEDIATELY UPON PAYMENT. WE SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURE TO ISSUE TICKETS BY THE TRANSPORTATION CARRIER. WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE, AND A FULL REFUND WILL BE GIVEN SHOULD THE BOOKING FAIL.
Delay, Reschedule and Cancellation by the Transportation Carriers
- In any circumstances if we have been notified by a Transportation Carrier that a schedule has been amended, changed, cancelled and/or revised for any reason whatsoever (“changes”), we shall as soon as possible to notify you on the changes and, if applicable, to provide reasonable alternative options to you. Nevertheless, you agree to not hold us responsible and liable for any in the event of the changes happened.
- You are advised to arrive at the terminal, checkpoint and/or at such waiting area as notified by us or the Transportation Carrier from time to time at least thirty (30) minutes or at such arrival time as advised by the Transportation Carrier from time to time before the scheduled departure time. You are to ensure that all requirements for a smooth departure has been duly completed including but not limited to identity verification, custom clearance, bagging check in and etc.
Requests for Change, Reschedule and/or Refund
- All requests for change, reschedule and/or refund (fully refund or partially refund) of the purchased Ticket by you is subject to the applicable regulation and approval from the Transportation Carrier, with a certain amount of charges applied. All decisions made by the Transportation Carrier on any request of change, reschedule and/or refund are final and exclusive. By default, all Tickets purchased are non-refundable, non-transferable, non-exchangeable and no cancellation.
- In event if we have been requested by you to assist with your request of change, reschedule and/or refund of the Tickets, we will, at our sole discretion, charge you an amount of the fee being the handling fee of your request. Such handling fee may be informed by us from time to time.
Usage of Ticket
- All Tickets are subject to its own terms and conditions including but not limited to baggage allowances as imposed by the Transportation Carriers from time to time. You are advised to read the terms and conditions upon purchase of the Tickets and/or to seek clarification from the Transportation Carrier. We shall not be responsible nor liable for any which arises in relation to the use of the Tickets by you as stated herein.
- We advise you reconfirm all Transportation Carriers seventy-two (72) hours prior to departure directly with the Transportation Carrier or simply check-in online at the applicable Transportation Carrier’s website. You must check and verify the latest schedule no later than one (1) day before departure, as the scheduled departure and/or arrival times may change significantly without prior notice. You are solely responsible for checking-in on time, regardless of schedule changes, if any.
- Passenger information, including but not limited to passenger’s first name, last name, passport/ID number, contact information must be authentic and the same between the official document and the online form passenger filled in on the Platform while purchasing the Ticket. Transportation Carrier has the right to reject issuing any ticket, boarding pass or reject boarding if the names submitted via the online booking form and the names printed on the passenger’s ID/passport are different. Terminal Meru Raya is not liable or responsible for any losses or costs incurred for the above-mentioned situation.
- Under no circumstances will we be liable to you in relation to the Tickets including its price, transportation details, seats description, baggage description, time, availability and etc. that show on our Platform.
- Pursuant to Clause 2.1 above, we are not liable for any email delivery failure or non-delivery of order summary (and/or e-ticket) of the Ticket purchased which shall cause by you inter alia entering an incorrect email address or incorrect email settings.
- Terminal Meru Raya nor any of its employees, warrant that the functions contained in this website will be uninterrupted or error-free. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of this website is with you. In no event will Terminal Meru Raya be liable to you for any damage, including, but not limited to, service interruptions, or any other circumstances beyond our reasonable control, any lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential, punitive, or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate this website.
- Unless otherwise agreed by the Transportation Carrier on the request of refund of Tickets, Terminal Meru Raya shall not be liable for the refund of the Tickets to you. In the event the Transportation Carrier has agreed to refund the Ticket price to you, you are prohibited from claiming the same refund from us.
- We shall not be held liable and responsible for any sanctions, penalties and fines as a result of the Passenger's failure to comply with the applicable laws and regulations.
Limitation of Liability
- Without prejudice to what is set out in these terms, our liability is limited and excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law, such as for personal injury and death. We shall not be liable for any losses or damages, whether direct or indirect, resulting from or connected to your purchase and use of the Tickets, use of our Platform or use of the links on the site, including but not limited to special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages or other economic loss, even if we have been advised of the possibility of loss or damage that may occur. The only available remedy for you is termination of use of our Platform.
- The terms herein stated shall constitute the entire agreement and understanding between you and us on the subject matter thereof, and shall supersede all prior agreements, whether written or oral, between you and us concerning the subject matter thereof.
- The terms herein stated shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the Laws of Malaysia.
- We reserve all our rights in corporate names, service marks, logos, trade names, trademarks, websites and domain names and any other intellectual property in relation to Terminal Meru Raya or otherwise (collectively "Marks") and nothing herein grants you a license to use such Marks.